What type of business is it good for?
- All traditional, digital and electronic media companies
- Non-media companies engaged in media activities
AXIS offers extensive underwriting and claims expertise, including staff attorneys specializing in First Amendment, privacy, publicity, intellectual property, errors and omissions (E&O), and cyber/data security and privacy, with a commitment to the media space dating back to 1979.
Our comprehensive media/professional insurance policies, which include the ability to add coverage for technology services error and omissions, miscellaneous professional services error and omissions, and a full suite of cyber/data security and privacy coverages, provide a one-stop solution for the insurance needs of all media businesses.
AXIS PRO® Media/Professional Insurance®
- Dedicated limits: instead of one aggregate limit applicable to all overages under the policy, we offer the option to write coverage with a dedicated limit for any combination of the following coverages: 1. media; 2. miscellaneous professional services error and omissions; 3. technology services error and omissions; cyber/data security and privacy
- Subpoena defense and free expression legal action expense and indecency complaint investigation expense: automatically included for qualified classes at a $100,000 sub-limit for no additional premium (higher limits are available)
- Technology services errors and omissions: automatically included for qualified classes at a $100,000 sub-limit for no additional premium. Higher limits are available.
- Mitigation expense coverage: automatically included at full policy limit for no additional premium
- Joint venture coverage: coverage is extended to cover the insured’s interest in a joint venture at no additional premium
- Reporting of claims: governed by the awareness of a control group comprising senior executives and officers of the insured entity
- Defense in addition to limit, or defense within policy limits
- Miscellaneous professional services errors and omissions
- Technology services errors and omissions
- Cyber/data security and privacy
- Advertising services errors and omissions
- Business operations and personal injury
- Commercial printing services errors and omissions
- Book publishers
- Freelance writers
- Radio stations
- TV stations
- Cable system operators
Advertising agencies including:
- Advertising agencies
- PR firms
- Marketing companies
- Clients of advertising agencies
- Acquisition and development
- Multimedia companies
- Website/internet exposures
Not all insurance coverages or products are available in all states and policy terms may vary based upon individual state requirements. Issuance of coverage is subject to underwriting and coverage depends upon the actual facts of each case and the terms, conditions and exclusions of each individual policy. anyone interested in an insurance policy should request a copy of the policy itself for a description of the scope and limitations of coverage The information on this Website is provided for informational purposes only and is not an offer to sell, or a solicitation to buy, any particular insurance product. No insurance product is offered or will be sold in any state in which such offer or solicitation would be unlawful under the laws of such state. Certain products may be offered by AXIS companies not licensed in your state and therefore may only available through a licensed surplus lines broker. Surplus lines insurers do not generally participate in state guaranty funds and insureds are not protected by such finds, and surplus lines insurers are not always subject to the same insurance regulatory standards applicable to licensed insurance companies.
Our approved service providers
Clients with AXIS Breach Response Insurance can receive payment for expenses related to data breaches. Please see our list of vendors who AXIS has pre-approved to provide breach-related services to our clients.
Experienced and proactive claims management
legal, claims, underwriting & distribution partners
With access to a massive network of top intellectual property and First Amendment law firms, plus a team of dedicated in-house media attorneys, AXIS claims specialists have the resources to swiftly build a strong response to any claim. Also, our claims professionals have decades of combined experience and work collaboratively to bring the claim to a satisfactory conclusion.Learn more about claims