What type of business is it good for?
- Quota share or excess of loss programmes physical damage only or combined with business interruption
- Broad range of occupancies including conventional coal/oil/gas/biomass fired (excluding waste to energy)
- Non-fossil fuel technologies including hydroelectric, geothermal and concentrated solar
- Cross industry participation from single location merchant to multi-location regulated utilities
AXIS Business Interruption Insurance
AXIS Physical Damage Insurance
- Highly experienced underwriting team with a regional focus and global outlook
- Strong claims resource with extensive knowledge across the sector
- Dedicated renewables, construction and terrorism underwriting teams augmenting our conventional power generation offering
- Coverage can also be afforded for risks such as strike riot civil commission and terrorism through our in-house political risks team.
Construction and delay in start-up insurance
- Coverage can be arranged through our construction team for your project, whether greenfield development or the extension of an existing facility, whilst under construction and for the future earnings of the completed project. Our broad coverage can offer primary third-party liability protection together with ongoing protection during the warranty or guarantee period, post completion.
- Conventional coal/oil/gas/biomass fired steam based generation
- Aero-derivative and heavy industrial combustion turbine based generation (simple and combined cycle and including integrated gasification combined cycle)
- Reciprocating engines
- Geothermal (direct steam and organic rankine cycle)
- Hydroelectric generation including dam storage, run-of-river and pump storage
- Concentrated solar
AXIS Power Generation Insurance Appetite Guide
Experienced and efficient claims management
Between Claims, Underwriting & Distribution Partners
Our energy claims specialists offer exactly what clients want when a file is claimed. The ability to manage claims efficiently. We put years of experience behind every claim so clients can trust that their claim will be resolved efficiently.Learn more about claims