Student accident insurance pays a benefit for a critical or fatal injury caused by a covered accident.
AXIS offers accident plans that provide coverage for school activities, including sports, school-sponsored trips or events, including:
- Pre-K–12 non-sport programs – Protection for students, facility and staff for non-sport related injuries
- Pre-K–12 sports programs – Protection for students, faculty, staff, volunteers, managers and coaches. Coverage can be expanded to include tackle football, ice hockey, lacrosse, rodeo, rugby, skiing and snowboarding
- Intercollegiate sports programs – Expanded protection for athletic directors, coaches, trainers, cheerleaders, key participants, as well as prospective students and their chaperones
Additional accident benefits can include:
- Bereavement and trauma counseling benefit
- Crisis death benefit for acts of violence on school premises or during school activities